Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thankful

For the first time in 3 1/2 years, my hubby and I have our own place. And it just feels so good. Since he has been studying, we've boarded with a family, stayed with his parents, house sat, stayed with my parents and then house shared with another family. You do what you have to do. But you don't realise the strain it puts on you, especially when children are involved.

I have gleaned something good from each experience. There have been positives about every one. Yet as I sit here, in MY lounge typing this post, I am at peace. Yes there is added financial pressure with having your own place. But I'm putting that aside and savouring this moment. It's so quiet here. *sigh of contentment*.

It is a little two bedroom, newly renovated unit with a fully fenced backyard. A little small for Benjamin, who I have now nicknamed My Tornado (refering to the havoc he creates in the small space) but I'm not going to complain. I love cleaning MY little place and hanging clothes on MY little washing line. I'll put some photos up when we've unpacked and cleared the remaining boxes. Takes a while.

What a season it's been. In half an hour, hubby will write the last exam of four years of study. Wow! Unfortunately he has one more semester. A few catch ups. But that's ok. He stuck in there and is doing what no-one in his family has done!! I am soooo proud of him.

And now I'm going to go back to folding the washing. Fully content, and thankful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...