Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where's my happy little boy gone?

My little bright -eyed boy, who I proudly boasted (in the proud mum, good kind of way) had a default setting of happy, has turned into some kind of monster! I think the culprit is....teeth! Although I'm not entirely sure because there are no signs of them.


For the past few days he has been throwing himself on the floor, whining constantly, wanting to be held but then not happy to sit still in my arms, not eating well and doing explosive yellow poos that sometimes venture all the way up his back (sorry if that was too much information for you). It's a really hard to know what exactly is wrong. Half of me really wants to run back to the doctor. The other half is convinced it's teething and that he'll be ok.


This morning I was unable to leave him in church creche. I missed the whole service! And not only did I have to sit in the room with him, he was constantly whining and climbing on me. I had absolutely no idea what to do with him.


The only saving grace in this whole situation is that for some insane reason he's sleeping better. So pain and sickness = better sleep?! Since the first sleep chronicles entry, things actually got worse! Who would have thought they could get worse? I thank God for small mercies like last night's good sleep.


Let's hope the culprits make an appearance soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...