Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moving on

I can't believe that in two sleeps time, we'll be moving. Out of this little place, in which so many good memories were made. I think I will always look back on this place with a fondness.

I'm sure lots of people wondered how we managed to live, all four of us in such small surroundings. But it was perfect for the season we were in. It was the first place (not counting the very first year of our marriage) that was just ours. We've flatted, lived with both sides of the family, house-sat and even boarded way back before the kidlets came along, just to get us through while Mr Samoa studied.



This was the place I laboured (a little too long at home, I must add. I nearly gave birth in the car!) with Smiley, walking up and down in the lounge. The place Smiley has spent his whole life so far, and the place he learned to sit, crawl and walk. The place Turbo came home to after his first day at kindergarten.

The little back garden was a haven in the Summer, decked out with a trampoline, sandpit and paddling pool, and big leafy trees to shelter under.


We've made friends with the many neighbours who have come and gone. We're not going far though. In fact, our new three bedroom house is a short walk out our back gate, down the driveway, through the landlord's back gate, up his driveway and there it is! So close we can actually walk some of the lighter stuff over when we move.

I love that we don't have to reacquaint our ourselves with the area or move the kids' kindy/daycare.

When we first moved in, we promised ourselves this was just for six months. Six months came and went. Then we said we'd move when Smiley became mobile because two kids really was too much living here. Smiley crawled then walked and still we stayed, making adjustments as things changed.


I've been cleaning like a maniac these past few days, and have a war wound to show for it. The corners of alumium framed windows are so sharp! A bloody (in the literal sense!) head wound. Ok, not that much blood but it did break the skin and it's bruised. So not kid-safe! And who knew clean windows, outside and inside, could look so nice. Just in time for the next people to enjoy.

I'm not sure when the internet will be up and running, but hope to back soon.


post signature

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

All the best for the move, so happy for you!

LatteJunkie said...

Enjoy the epic move... Seriously whether you are moving country or just up the road, moves are epic... Look after yourselves and I look forward to hearing all about your new digs :)

LJX

Catching the Magic said...

Good luck with the move and Latte Junke is so right - moves are epic - no matter the distance - & especially with little'uns!! Look forward to hearing more once you're settled x

Lyns said...

Good luck with your move. xx

Jules said...

How exciting! Hope the move goes well.

Elizabeth said...

Hope the move went well...

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Happy move day for tomorrow - hope it goes well. Look forward to seeing some pics of the new pad. Yay for mew beginnings :-)

L A said...

So glad I popped onto your blog - didn't even KNOW you were moving! Great friend (roll eyes). So happy for you Pen! Do post pics soon.

tartankiwi said...

Good luck in your new home. May it bring you many many happy memories!!!

Simoney said...

This was such a heart-warming post Penny.
I missed it somehow...
But as I type this I atill have goosebumps.
I am so happy for you guys to have your new "larger" home and love the way you described the memories you have mad in in your "first" home. Just beautiful!
I would love to come over and hang out soon... you know my number (I don't have yours)... give me a call and we'll come visit :)
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...