Monday, March 2, 2009

Listless

This is the third blog entry I've written today. I decided not to post the last two. It's a reflection of how I'm feeling: listless. What a great word..here's the definition:

Having or showing little or no interest in anything; languid; spiritless; indifferent

With an almost empty week ahead of me, I woke up this morning feeling a lack of....something. I couldn't put my finger on it. I just wasn't looking forward to my day - let alone my week. The Bible says:
"Where there is no vision, people perish". (somewhere in Proverbs, can't find it right now - anyone know where it is?).

The thing is, my life does have purpose and I have vision, but when the only thing you have planned that day revolves around nappies and nap times, that purpose can seem a little far away. It also doesn't help that my husband has gone back to uni this week. I'm used to having him around. And he's taken the car with him too.

Thank goodness a friend called and we went to the park with her little girl and Benjamin...not that this little girl was too impressed with having to put up with a baby who hit her on the head and shoved his Marmite sandwich on her top! But we all had a good time.

As soon as my friend was gone, this feeling of listlessness returned. What gives? I can think of so many wonderful things that have happened in my life lately. I've recently found two jobs - one of them which involves writing - a dream come true. There's purpose right there! And of course being a mum is a purpose all in itself.

Anyway, I still haven't figured out why I'm feeling like this. And that's ok. It is, after all, just a feeling and I live by faith, not feelings. Tomorrow will be a better day...nappies and all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...