Saturday, April 30, 2011

Do you wanna know some more about me?

I can just picture you saying "No, not really" but I'll go with the picture of you saying "Yes, I'd love to!" : )

I've been tagged by Cyndi at Latte Junkie to answer some questions about me. They're really fun questions to answer so if you wanna join in, please do! I've tagged some people to do it at the end


Cyndi also awarded me the Versatile Blogger award. Thanks heaps, Cyndi! I am always honoured when someone thinks of me.


Here goes:


Which living person do you most admire, and why?
I'd have to say Nelson Mandela, he's still a hero to me. But also people like Brooke Fraser, who is doing really well for herself and following her dreams while never compromising who she is and what she believes in



When were you happiest?
Probably when I was dating Mr Samoa. That sounds a bit sad, I am still happy now but then it was just so exciting and new and romantic.


What was your most embarrassing moment?
When I got up the courage to tell this guy I liked him. I'm not of the opinion that females should ever do the asking, but Mr Samoa had just asked me out and two of my friends convinced me that I needed to know if this other guy liked me (they were sure he would!). Turns out he really didn't and it made things so awkward as we saw each other quite often. To this day I wish I could take that moment back!





Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
Our car. We bought it earlier this year. It's a lovely spacious people mover type car. We love it!

What is your most treasured possession?
My photos and my journals. I have kept journals since I was 15 years old and hope one to day to give them to my daughter, should I have one! I'm not sure if my boys will read or appreciate them

Where would you like to live?
I'm happy right here! Although I would love to own a house with a big back yard with lots of trees and a vege patch. Renting doesn't quite seem to have sense of being completely settled

What’s your favorite smell?
Lemon and lemongrass, also citrusy smells and of course, coffee

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Hmmmm, once again I have no idea. Being a redhead kind of limits my options. Although I guess they could dye their hair.
The only person I can think of is Amanda Seyfried who stars in Mamma Mia because she's small and short.


What is your favorite book?
I really don't know. I have read some wonderful books but can't name just one. I love some of the older books that were my grandmothers written by Francis Parkinson Keyes or Lloyd C Douglas


What is your most unappealing habit?
I twist my hair around my finger and then when it's almost knotted, snap it so the hair breaks. I have done this since I was two years old. Back then my mom had to give me a drastic haircut because I had created a bald patch!
I guess it's not that unappealing but I wish I could stop because I don't have a whole lot of hair as it is

 
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
I think just dressing like I'm on the red carpet would be fun. I know it's not strictly fancy dress but I would LOVE it!

What is your earliest memory?
I can't tell if I'm recalling photos or family videos, or actual memories, do you know what I mean?
But I think, my first actual memory was wetting my pants during my first few days of school and having to borrow knickers from the lost property basket. Eww! Lucky I was only 6

 
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Magnums. Those new ones with the cranberries in are amazing although at $4 for a small ice cream, I won't be doing that often

What do you owe your parents?
A lot of money! I still feel bad about the year of study I did in Australia while they were still in South Africa. They had to pay fees and support me while paying 5 times the amount because of the exchange rate!

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
I have no idea, can't think of anyone which is a good thing. Maybe ask me in a few years and it might be my children! Somedays I really hope they don't have memories of how I acted that day - a bit psycho!
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Jesus, followed by Mr Samoa

What does love feel like?
When you feel like you would give your life for that person, or you wish you could take their pain when they're sick or hurt

What was the best kiss of your life?
Mr Samoa, probably quite recently actually. We're both getting better and getter at kissing!

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
It's ridiculous
Yeah whatever

What is the worst job you’ve done?
Telemarketing in my year in Australia. I was no good at all. I don't think I made one sale and my throat constantly hurt from all the talking. Followed closely by the coffee waitress job that same year.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
I would follow my passion and devote my time to making music. And also study when I was young so that I would not be in the predicament I am in now where I am half way through a degree but can't go back to finish because of the cost of day care! 
What is the closest you’ve come to death?
There is no actual moment I can recall, but I know there have been times in the car when another has closely missed me and I have thanked God for his angels around me!

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My two boys. I think we're doing a pretty good job with them. And having a good marriage. Relationships are the most important things to me.

When did you last cry, and why?
Last week when I was so sick and emotional. Smiley threw his dinner off his tray and it splattered all over the floor, walls and chairs. It was the last straw. I felt a litte silly afterwards.

How do you relax?
Watch my favourite TV shows, blog or email, go for a walk, have coffee with a good friend.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
More money. This may sound shallow but it's true. Mr Samoa is just starting out as a teacher and I am a stay at home mum. Enough said.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
That things don't always turn out the way you would have liked but that doesn't mean they're not the way they're supposed to be. And to have patience, and to trust. O and that suffering makes you stronger than you would have ever been if you had only had good things happen to you.


I'd like to tag:


Sammy at Cherished
Meghan at MNMs
Lyns at Once Upon a Time
Simone at Greatfun4kids
Leonie Kiwi at Heart
Lyn at Lynieloo
Rebecca at Becca4love
Creating Childhood Memories

Go on, do it!

4 comments:

Gail said...

I really enjoyed reading that Penny! always love finding out a little more about fav. peeps!xx

Tea said...

This was really fun reading! I feel like I know you a little more. I agree with you too... It would be so fun to dress up like on the red carpet! ;)

LatteJunkie said...

Thank you for joinin in! I loved reading your answers. It's so insightful:D

I would never judge you for needing more money - starting teachers pay SUCKS! Been there and done that.And I am going to buy those magnums now... (Can you hear my hips sighing in resignation?)

L A said...

Such a cool one Pen! It's weird that I know u so well but don't know u at all- know what I mean? Great to find out more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...