Monday, November 22, 2010

Dear Smiley

Nine months today! I feel like I just write the post about you being 8 months.

In honour of turning 9 months, yesterday you stood all by yourself. You were holding onto the washing basket and, oh so casually, let go and stood for 3 seconds before plopping down onto your bottom. Woah! I'm not ready for a walker. You're not even crawling so don't go walking on me. Ok?

You are a very cuddly boy which is a bit different to your big brother so it's taking some getting used to. You want to be attached to me constantly, even when we're sitting down together playing with your toys. You reach over for cuddles every few minutes!

Your sleep patterns are still up and down. Yesterday you did a 2 hour afternoon nap. I cannot remember the last time you slept more than 40 minutes during the day. I got so much done! Can you do that more often please? I still can't believe you've only done 40 minutes naps for most of your life. Don't you just wanna roll over and go back to sleep when you wake up?

Night times are also up and down. You are not at all predictable and wake at different times each night. I've given up trying to make you do anything with your sleep.

Today I also heard you say "Mama" for the first time. Pretty momentous day, hey?

Your favourite food is yoghurt or custard. You eat quite a variety now and I'd say your favourite fruits are strawberries and oranges.

Everywhere we go you charm people with your smile. I get constant comments about what a happy boy you are.

Another latest skill is "pointing" (with your whole hand). It's very cute. You point at things that interest you like the trees moving in the wind, or at your Daddy.

You've got four top teeth now...and still only one bottom tooth. You don't seem to do anything by the book, Smiley!

And that's why we love you so very much.

You're an awesome little boy.

Update as at 23 Nov: You started crawling. Let the games begin!

2 comments:

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Oh what a sweet, sweet update for a lovely wee boy. Yay for longer naps Smiley - how bout you give Mum a few more of those hey ;-)

Photography said...

He is a darling!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...